Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas Rose

I loved this stamp set the first time I saw it, but was afraid it would be too difficult to color it properly.  I finally found a method that seems to work: I stamped it in green ink onto shimmering paper, then used various colored marking pens to add just a few touches of color.  Added little edging with a gold leaf pen, mounted it on matching green paper, and viola!  Simple and elegant.

Of course, after finding the perfect shade of green paper and ink, I have now discovered that Stampin' Up has discontinued the Happy Hunter color.  Sigh...  So much for my plan to make this my mass-produced 2011 Christmas card design.


Stamps: Christmas Cardinal (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Happy Hunter (Stampin' Up - retired)
Paper: Happy Hunter (Stampin' Up - retired), Shimmery White (Stampin' Up)
Other: Gold Leaf Pen, colored marking pens, folded cardstock

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for your visit to my blog. This is beautiful, and the touches of color are just perfect. A lovely Christmas card. :) Ann

    ReplyDelete