Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Not A One Layer Christmas Card



This card was intended to be for a one-layer challenge using only the colors red and white. I knew that I wanted to use the poinsettia ornament, the script sentiment, and a box drawn around them.  It took forever to figure out the best place to put the ornament.  I finally decided to put it in the bottom corner so that it would look as it if was hanging from the drawn line.  One corner of the drawn box smudged, so I accented the corners with red Stickles, and also used the Stickles in the centers of the flowers on the ornament.  But when I was done, it still looked unfinished.  The design, while reasonably elegant, looked too plain on its own.  So I ended up cutting around the stamped portion and mounting it onto a panel of Stampin' Up Real Red cardstock.  Bingo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment